STUDY TEXT: PSALM 52:6-9, REV 12:11, LUKE 17:11-19
POWER OF THANKSGIVING AND TESTIFYING INCLUDE
1. AN EXPRESSION OF FAITH: when you are yet to see the manifestation of your desires. Hebrew 11:1
2. AGENT OF PERFECTION OF THE BLESSING: when the blessing is not yet perfected. Luke 17:11-19
3. SEAL FOR PERMANENCE: it makes the blessing irreversible provided the gratitude goes to God and the testimony is to honor God. Eccl 3:14
4. QUALIFICATION TO GET MORE BLESSINGS: Luke 17:11-19
FACTS ABOUT TESTIMONY INCLUDE
– All acts of God’s goodness must be testified about.
RIGHT WAYS TO TESTIFY INCLUDE
– Sharing with immediate friends
– Writing to share with distant and unknown people
– Giving gifts to the temple. Always prepare a gift when you come for testimonies
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF NOT TESTIFYING TO GOD’S GOODNESS
1. It allows reversal
2. It allows doubt
3. It robs God of His glory
4. It denies the recipient the perfection of God’s goodness.
5. It robs the congregation a source of confidence in the Lord.
6. It robs the potential listeners an opportunity to know the acts of God.
7. It disallows further testimony
POSITIVE EFFECTS OF TESTIFYING TO GOD’S GOODNESS
1. It brings permanence
2. It solidifies faith in the particular testimony.
3. God rejoices as you give him the glory
4. Your blessings becomes perfected
5. Congregation and brethren are encouraged. You become an encourager
6. The world learns more about God through you
7. You gain more testimonies
GOD APPROVED REASON FOR ANY TESTIMONY
1. To glorify God and God alone.
2. To strengthen and encourage others to trust in the Lord.
3. To showcase Christ’s supreme power on earth.
WHAT TO DO DURING TESTIMONIES SHARING
1. Avoid exaggeration or lies. Say it the way it happens. However do not water it down or take any part of it for granted.
2. Avoid human worship or any act that makes the channel that God used to take the position of God. Use statement like, I give all glory to God… I thank God for His servant… This is the Lord’s doing… etc.
3. Do not oppress others directly or indirectly with your testimonies.
4. When sharing before a congregation, keep to the time given to you and obey instructions
HOW TO CONTACT GRACE THROUGH TESTIMONIES OF OTHERS
1. Appreciate God for them and sincerely rejoice with them; do not be embittered! That will block your own testimonies.
2. If you have your own testimony, please keep the sharing for another moment. Praise God for and celebrate the current testifier first, then share your own later.
3. Do not question their testimony unnecessarily simply because it sounds to good to believe. Even if you know or perceive they are telling lies, simply disregard the testimony as though you never heard it. Do not utter a word against it EXCEPT YOU ARE SURE. Always remember, God knows all things, and liars will be judged by God, not you. Stay uncontaminated.